We are committed to ensuring that every child is ready to enter kindergarten and is provided with a nurturing and safe childhood. To that end, we fund numerous avenues for early literacy, safety education, and other programs to make sure children are ready to succeed.
- Hart Area District Library – Preschool story hour and Early Childhood Outreach
- Fremont Public Schools – Daisy Brook Family Literacy and Activity Night
Committed, nurturing, and loving parents are not a guarantee in this world. But they are a necessity for healthy, well developed children who are ready to learn.
- Ronald McDonald House of Western MI – Family Support Program
Not limited to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education – we prefer to focus on Strategies That Engage Minds.
- Newaygo Conservation District – Youth Environmental Science Programs
- Jr. Achievement of the Great Lakes – Career Readiness, Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship Education
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Lakeshore – Ignite STEM Potential Program
- NC Museum and Heritage Center – Student Field Trip Support
- Fremont Public Schools – Rehabilitate Pine Street Community Gardens
- FIRST in Michigan – PreK FIRST LEGO Discover Program
- Bellwether Harbor – Pet Pals Education and Dog Bite Prevention Education
- 4-H – STEAM Education Program
- Newaygo County Day Care Corporation – Laptop Upgrade for STEM Education
Good health and dental care are as important for learning as they are for growth and development of children. To this end, grants are made to institutions to help improve the care or expand services for children.
- Stoney Lake Therapeutic Riding Center – Student Scholarships
- Newaygo County Great Start Collaborative – Emergency Baby Pantry Diapering Supplies
- Christian Health Care Centers, Newaygo – Children’s Medical Equipment
- Migrant Legal Aid – Pesticide Exposure Education for Migrant Children
There are some general youth programs that have been a part of the Foundation’s interest since the establishment of the Foundation. These provide opportunities for children to experience things outside of their normal activities. Support includes camp scholarships, the local Agricultural fair and 4-H activities, a variety of TrueNorth Youth Programs and Services including: Children’s Christmas, Coats for Kids, Tools for Schools, Children’s Car Seats, and TrueMentors.
- Camp scholarships to multiple local summer camps
- FFA – Support to attend the Leadership Conference in Washington DC
- 4-H – Support for Newaygo County 4-H Archery Program and 4-H Exploration Days
- Mount Zion Church of God in Christ – Club188 Academy of Arts and Academics Day Camp Experience
- Grant Public Schools – Rally Cap Summer Outreach Program
- Arbor Circle – School-Centered Prevention Education Program
- Gerald R. Ford Council, Boy Scouts of America – Hooked on Scouting Membership Drive