We are committed to ensuring that every child is ready to enter kindergarten and is provided with a nurturing and safe childhood. To that end, we fund numerous avenues for early literacy, safety education, and other programs to make sure children are ready to succeed.
- Newaygo Area District Library- STEM resource collection
- Junior Achievement of the Lakeshore – Financial literacy
- United Way of the Lakeshore- Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum – Play@Home Kits
Committed, nurturing, and loving parents are not a guarantee in this world. But they are a necessity for healthy, well developed children who are ready to learn.
- Baldwin Family Health Care – New Mother Education Booklets
- Catholic Charities of West Michigan- Healthy Families and Teen Parent programs
- Insight Pregnancy Services – Parenting support programs
Not limited to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education – we prefer to focus on Strategies That Engage Minds.
- Lake County MSU Extension – 4-H Take Home Kits
- NC RESA – 4-H SPIN Club and FIRST Robotics
- West Michigan Symphony- Link Up program
- Newaygo Conservation District – Hands On Science program
Good health and dental care are as important for learning as they are for growth and development of children. To this end, grants are made to institutions to help improve the care or expand services for children.
- Joyful Strides- Hippotherapy Summer Camp
- Bellwether Harbor- Dog Bite Prevention
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan – Regie’s Rainbow Adventure program
There are some general youth programs that have been a part of the Foundation’s interest since the establishment of the Foundation. These provide opportunities for children to experience things outside of their normal activities. Support includes camp scholarships, the local Agricultural fair, a variety of TrueNorth Community Services activities including Children’s Christmas, Coats for Kids, and Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
- Camp scholarships to multiple local summer camps
- Community EnCompass – Youth Empowerment program
- Michigan Youth Teaching Rodeo Association – RESPECT Initiative
- Mary Free Bed Hospital – Wheelchair and Adaptive Sports program
In addition, in 2020, multiple grants were provided to local food pantries for COVID relief support. These included: Kids Food Basket, Hand2Hand, TrueNorth Community Services, Love INC, and Trinity Lutheran Church food pantries.