We are committed to ensuring that every child is ready to enter kindergarten and is provided with a nurturing and safe childhood. To that end, we fund numerous avenues for early literacy, safety education, and other programs to make sure children are ready to succeed.
- Newaygo Area District Library – Children’s Early Reading Collection
- White Cloud Community Library – Books for Infants & Craft Take Home Kits
- United Way of the Lakeshore – Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum – Play@Home Kits
Committed, nurturing, and loving parents are not a guarantee in this world. But they are a necessity for healthy, well developed children who are ready to learn.
- Trinity Lutheran Church New Era – Baby Pantry & Reading Room
- Catholic Charities of West Michigan – Teen Parent Program
- Ronald McDonald House of Western MI – Family Support Program
Not limited to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education – we prefer to focus on Strategies That Engage Minds.
- Girl Scouts of MI Shore-to-Shore – STEM, Life Skills, Entrepreneurship Programing
- SAE Foundation – Hands-On STEM Programing
- West Michigan Symphony – Link Up and Tune Up Programs
- NC Museum and Heritage Center – Student Field Trip Support
- Muskegon Area ISD – STEM Teacher Training & Student Programing
- Muskegon Area Robotics – CAD Computer Support
- Grant Christian School – STEAM Fueled Outdoor Education
Good health and dental care are as important for learning as they are for growth and development of children. To this end, grants are made to institutions to help improve the care or expand services for children.
- Girls on The Run Muskegon – Inspiring Girls in Grant
- Baldwin Family Health Care – Dental Digital Panorex X-Ray
- Open Arms Child Advocacy Center – Youth Forensic Interviews
- Whitehall District Schools – High School Hope Squad
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan – Regie’s Rainbow Adventure Program
- Hand2Hand – Weekend Food for Students in Muskegon and Newaygo Counties
There are some general youth programs that have been a part of the Foundation’s interest since the establishment of the Foundation. These provide opportunities for children to experience things outside of their normal activities. Support includes camp scholarships, the local Agricultural fair and 4-H activities, a variety of TrueNorth Youth Programs and Services including: Children’s Christmas, Coats for Kids, Tools for Schools, Children’s Car Seats, and TrueMentors.
- Camp scholarships to multiple local summer camps
- FFA – Support to attend the Leadership Conference in Washington DC
- 4-H – Support to attend Teen Exploration Days, National Congress, Citizen Washington Focus and Leadership Washington Conferences
- Mary Free Bed Hospital – Wheelchair and Adaptive Sports Program